Monday, February 3, 2014

“Am I a Simpson??”

The Simpsons has been credited as the longest running American sitcom ever and I have been a fan since I was 15! For some, that may be too old an age to start watching the show, but my parents were strict and monitored my time spent in front of the TV.
The Simpsons can arouse a lot of feelings and make you think about certain social or moral issues. Often, I would laugh out so loud that I startled our cat whenever I saw Bart performing one of his pranks. Other times, I would just find myself thinking what lessons and values the show was talking about. Regardless of how I felt after watching an episode, I often retreated to my bedroom wondering how I would do things differently if I were in the cartoon. I would then try and think of catch phrases that would be better than “Eat my shorts!” or “Doh!” Better yet, I would imagine how I would look if I was drawn right into one of the episodes.
While reading my Facebook feed one day, I noticed that my best friend had changed his profile pic and it represented exactly how he would appear if he was depicted as a Simpsons character! This got me excited, so I excited I didn't just leave him a message on his Facebook timeline, I sent him a text and email asking him how he did it. My eagerness caught his attention so he called me on my cell and told me about this “gig” from someone onFiverr.com (which is a cool site where you can get fun stuff) who offered to create caricatures in the same style and manner as how the Simpsons were drawn.
I did not hesitate to buy the gig and got my very own Simpsons avatar in no time at all!
I quickly changed my Facebook profile picture and, as expected, it caught on with all of our friends on Facebook! If you want to be drawn as a Simpson cartoon, (http://fiverr.com/kranuraj/draw-you-as-a-simpson-cartoon-character) buy it on http://fiverr.com/kranuraj for $5. You definitely won't regret it.

No comments: